Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Walk

Today I went on an assignment for America's Quilt of Faith to photograph a Presbyterian congregation in Leesburg. I had my service time wrong which left me with an hour to spare so I walked around the block a few times and since I had my camera I took lots of pictures. There are so many interesting things that adorn people's homes. The area I was in had a lot of old homes with tons of charm. One of these days for a post I'll make a video montage of that days photo shoot so you can really see how things play out behind the camera. Some days it can be very difficult to choose what to post. After my walk I completed my assignment at the church. The service held in their church was very nice and the message was about praying for everyone even our enemies because you can't hate someone you are praying for. The Pastor told the congregation that if they are Republicans to pray for Obama, Hillary Clinton and even Nancy Paloci, and Demorcates need to pray for Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck and that we all need to pray for the bad leaders of the world too (she named them but I can't spell). She also said that we need not to fall pray to the media trying to discredit someone based on their beliefs but more on their policy, not to be afraid of non Christian religions. I think she was right. Next Sunday I will be photographing a Quaker church in Lincoln in which I am very curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment