Thursday, September 2, 2010

Amy's Carrot Cookies


This is how my mind works. On our summer Vacation I watched a show called Master Chief where 100's of everyday people try to become the Master Chef. There first challenge is to chop onions. I thought to myself, "I am good at that, no problem." Second challenge was to make an egg dish were you had one egg to work with, the egg being the highlight of the dish, you could use lots of other ingredients but they couldn't hide the egg. At that challenge I would have failed. The only thing I could think of was an omelet, and I need more than one egg for that. It was then that I realized I am no chef. I am not creative in the kitchen. I can follow a recipe very well, so for those who think I can cook it's because I have great cookbooks. There are a few dinner dishes I prepare without a recipe, only because I have made them 1000's of times. So today I set out to make my own recipe based off of a couple things I have tasted in the past and starting with someone's recipe, I think I adapted the recipe enough to call it my own. So here is My First Official Recipe. My first attempt to be creative in the kitchen. They are actually really really good!! Plus it gave me something to photograph today.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick of unsalted butter (soft)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup freshly grated carrots
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup pineapple
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix the wet ingredients, then add the dry.
Bake at 375o F for 10 min.

Frosting:
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups powder sugar
1 tsp. Vietnamese Cinnamon
(Adjust the sugar to you own taste preference)

Frost cookies, keep refrigerated (because of the butter)

If you like carrot cake you'll love these cookies!!!

2 comments: