Sunday, July 18, 2010

Note to Viewers

So far with all of my images I have used natural existing light. I haven't used flashes, or reflectors or any artificial light source. I feel this is important to tell you because It shows that you don't have to have fancy equipment, (a tripod yes) but nothing else. I also haven't used any photoshop, again this helps others understand that it isn't a necessity. I am sure I will use it sometime in the future and I'll try to remember to let you know. Feel free to ask questions in the comments if you want to know how I set up for a particular shot. I am shooting in RAW format thanks to my friend Jbwolfer, I avoided it for a long time because I was doing my editing in photoshop and had to convert my picture files to jpeg to edit them, I didn't see the point of shooting raw. Now that I'm converted my hard drive space is maxed out but believe me, it is worth it if you have raw capabilities. I edit in raw with the software that came with my camera, nothing fancy but very powerful if you shoot in raw. I shoot with a Canon 50D mostly with my 24-105 mm lens. For the macro type pictures I use an extension tube in addition to my 24-105 lens. Very simple, and easy, anyone can do it.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to learn more about what you use for the macro shots (loved the water droplets!!). One of these days we will have to sit and talk photography......I am interested to learn more about what raw shots are......I haven't ever really used photoshop.

    ReplyDelete