Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Learning

So today I watched the video I received with my new lights. If I have ever taken a studio picture of you and it looked good it was pure luck because there wasn't much I was doing right. I have a ways to go but I tried things out today with some very unwilling models. Here is one shot I liked. The thing about the instructional videos is that they use professional models that are getting paid to sit there. They look fabulous and are very familiar with the camera. The other thing about the instructional videos is that the composition is very formal, and fake. The backdrops are also very unattractive. However I will be watching it again and again just so I can master what they are teaching. I'll have to do a lot of experimenting and rule bending to come up with some fun, interesting portraits and compositions that will make me happy. I am real happy with the lights and the quality of light, it is very attractive unlike the other lights I have been using.

No comments:

Post a Comment